Thursday, February 19, 2015

What I have been reading this week..

Well on this cold and snowy week it is about time that I renew my vow (and New Year's resolution!) to write in my blog.  I happened upon the What are You Reading? question on Teach Mentor Texts and thought this is an easy way to get back at it.  It has been a snow week for us in my school district so I have had an unexpected week off... and I have put it to good use!

Here is what I have read so far:




1.  Ruby Goldberg's Bright Idea by Anna Humphrey (loved it!)


2.  Nest by Esther Ehrlich (deep!)


  3.  All the Answers by Kate Messner (woohoo!!) 


4. Unstoppable Octobia May by Sharon Flake (interesting... )


5.  Jack:  The True Story of Jack and the Beanstalk by Liesel Shurtliff (Yeah!)
 

6.  The Compass of Dreams (Enchanted Emporium book #2) by Pierdomenico Baccalario (love a good magical adventure!)


7.  Masterminds by Gordon Korman (not finished yet... but LOVING it!  Great adventure!)



For professional development (and a class I am taking) I am reading The Digital Writing Workshop by Troy Hicks.
 And for adult reading I am reading Four Years in Paradise by Osa Johnson.
 (A bit old fashioned in her thinking... but enjoying the overall story).

Gotta love a good snow day for getting some reading done!
Thanks to M Shelton for the snowman picture....

No comments:

Post a Comment