Monday, February 23, 2015
It's Monday! What am I reading?
In the kid world...
1. Smek for President by Adam Rex
J Lo is one of my absolute favorite characters. I am listening to this one and adore the voices the narrator uses for this version. I have been a huge Adam Rex fan, and at the National Book Festival a few years ago in DC he mentioned the movie version of Smek Day would be coming. So excited to see it's almost here!
2. Just starting Edison's Alley by Neil Shusterman and Eric Elfman. Can't wait to dig in to this tonight. I very much enjoyed Tesla's Attic so excited to read the sequel.
3. My lunch time read this week is The Girl From Felony Bay by J. E. Thompson. I am loving the wonderfully strong Abby Force! The book is fast paced and difficult to put down when lunch time is over.
4. And as I am wrapping up a six day snow day run by finally getting back to work tomorrow (still a 2 hour delay!) I also got some adult reading in this week. LOVE this book! Jojo Moyes is amazing!
Well that's my line up for the week! Can't wait to stop tomorrow and get Mark of the Thief! I have waited rather impatiently for this one. The False Prince trilogy blew me away!
Thursday, February 19, 2015
Here is what I have read so far:
1. Ruby Goldberg's Bright Idea by Anna Humphrey (loved it!)
2. Nest by Esther Ehrlich (deep!)
4. Unstoppable Octobia May by Sharon Flake (interesting... )
5. Jack: The True Story of Jack and the Beanstalk by Liesel Shurtliff (Yeah!)
6. The Compass of Dreams (Enchanted Emporium book #2) by Pierdomenico Baccalario (love a good magical adventure!)
7. Masterminds by Gordon Korman (not finished yet... but LOVING it! Great adventure!)
For professional development (and a class I am taking) I am reading The Digital Writing Workshop by Troy Hicks.
And for adult reading I am reading Four Years in Paradise by Osa Johnson.
(A bit old fashioned in her thinking... but enjoying the overall story).
Gotta love a good snow day for getting some reading done!
Thanks to M Shelton for the snowman picture....