Sunday, June 5, 2011

Just Finished The 6th Annual 48 hour Reading Challenge!

Well it's 48 hours later, and I haven't gotten any time to check in with any other reading challengers, I haven't had access to the internet all weekend!  But it was good for my reading time.  For a first timer, I am satisfied.  I know I could have stayed up later, and read just a bit more, but considering it was dance recital weekend, a softball game and 5 hours of work.... I did ok.
Here are my statistics:
I began the challenge at 7 PM Friday night.  I had one hour of audio listening (while driving kids here and there and then home) Friday night.  I was already into the book Sabotaged by Margaret Peterson Haddix, so that is the audio book I used for the challenge.  I also had 3 hours of actual reading.  I started the book Juniper Berry by MP Kozlowsky. 
Saturday I woke up and started reading at 7:30, the best I could do after a crazy week.  I read a while, drove a while, read a while, drove a while (softball game, dance recital) for a total of 1 hrs 15 minutes of audio "reading" and 7 hours and 45 minutes of "reading" reading.
Sunday I had to work from 8 to 1 so I started with audio on the way to and from work, then read the rest of the afternoon at the pool!  Audio:  1 hr 15 min  "Reading"  4 hrs 30 min.
Grand totals:  3 1/2 hours audio 15 hours 15 minutes "reading" for a total of 18 hours and 45 minutes!
Here is what I read:
1.  Juniper Berry by MP Kozlowsky... interesting concept, loved the writing and the delicious vocabulary, more on the book next blog
2.  Small Acts of Amazing Courage by Gloria Whelan:  LOVED the book, see more next blog...
3.  IQ Book Two:  The White House by Roland Smith  Loaned to me by one of my favorite students, needing to get it read this week and glad I chose it.  Excellent adventure!  Loved the quick pace and usage of various fonts to show different characters.  Good read!
3.  Sabotaged!  (audio book) by Margaret Peterson Haddix.  Good adventure story, love the cliffhanger in the end of the book making me want to read more... (and hopefully any students I recommend the book to.)
Finished the book as I came up my driveway tonight!  Timed that well.
And started The Emerald Atlas by John Stephens.  LOVING the first part of the book!  It hooks you from the start!  Even after all of this reading, I have to say, I'm signing off to pick back up The Emerald Atlas!
Thanks for the Challenge Mother Reader!  Looking forward to doing it all over again next time!

2 comments:

  1. Great job on your reading! Looking forward to seeing you next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emerald Atlas is sooooooooooooo good. I absolutely loved that book and can't wait for the next one, even though this one just came out.

    ReplyDelete